Report on the 2nd Learning/Teaching/Training Activities C2 Meeting held in Pstrągowa, Poland.
The second meeting took place at SZKOLA PODSTAWOWA NR 1 IM.PLK. K.IRANKA OSMECKIEGO in PSTRĄGOWA from 7 till 11 May 2018.
All teams were expected to arrive on Sunday but due to unexpected travel disturbances 2 countries ( Greece and Spain) arrived a day later, so the students were not able to take part in most Monday activities.
The idea of the first day, Monday, was to socialize all our students; Polish teachers prepared a very attractive and involving morning outdoor activities so that students could meet, talk and learn a bit about themselves. It was a bit dissapointing that Greek and Spanish students couldn’t be a part of it. One of the mixed groups tasks was to design a banknote.
Then, there was an official welcome of the visit by the school headteacher; then, our students with their teachers’ support, prepared short historic scenes and presented some facts from Polish history on the base of famous Poles ( kings) whose portraits can be found on Polish banknotes. It was also a good occasion to get familiar with the school community.
Another point of the program were two popular Polish dances: polonez ( which used to be danced by people who lived in manor houses and the Tatras mountaineers dance ; both performed by preschool children ( aged 3-6).
In the afternoon there planned a baking bread workshop both for students and their teachers.
and a party- it took place in a very people friendly place-SIEDLISKO JANCZAR. There, we could warmly welcome our Greek and Spanish partners who finally arrived.
A general idea of the whole visit plan was :
- to show a bit of our history, the way we used to live and live now, on the base of banknotes figures, interesting historic sites like CARPATHIAN TROY http://www.karpackatroja.pl/0_1_2.html or WAWEL Royal Castle and historic town of CRACOW
- glass pottery workshop in GLASS HERRITAGE CENTRE in Krosno
- and clay pottery and archery workshop at CARPATHIAN TROY
- to learn about types of local trade, get familiar with the history of money at HUTTEN CZAPSKI Numismatic Room in CRACOW (a division of National Museum) http://mnk.pl/gabinet-numizmatyczny
Project participants took part in educational trips on Tuesday ( Korczyna and Krosno), Wednesday ( Trzcinica) and Thursday ( Cracow).
On Friday all participants attended an evaluation session, each student was asked to express their opinions , emotions about the whole visit.
We were very happy to see that the students had great relations, some of them made close friends, they communicated beyond borders
The whole programme of the visit was completed.
We were very lucky that the weather was just perfect, all our guests could admire the beauty of our landscape, experience Polish hospitality and taste , we hope also enjoy, the organic food.
It was an unforgettable experience for our school, students, teachers, host families and local community.
1. the mobility to Poland met most students expectation
2. Students found most listed below activities:
1/ socialising activities on Monday at school
2/ artistic program at school
4/ bread -making workshop
5/ chocolate factory- workshop
6/ Glass Herritage Centre in Krosno-workshop
7/ archery / pottery workshop in KARPACKA TROJA on Wednesday
8/ visit at Numismatic Room in Krakow-workshop
9/ sightseeing Kraków
A/ interesting B/ useful for project purpose C/ entertaining E/ creative
A few Students found some ctivities : visit at Numismatic Room in Krakow-workshop and archery / pottery workshop in KARPACKA TROJA, scientific lesson at school boring.
3. Host families were very helpful, friendly, hospitable, but most parents didn’t speak English.
4. Some students improved their language skills a lot , some a bit, a few did not.
5. All the students enjoyed being a part of a project international communit