The second transnational meeting (TM2) took place at the Primary School of Kouloura within the framework of the European Program Erasmus+ with the title “Money Matters”, from the 20th to 21st of September 2018. All invited partners took part. The coordinating country, Slovakia, sent only one person due to organizational issues (the application form stated two people).
In the meeting, which took place between the 19th (Arrival Day) till the 22nd of September 2018 (Departure Day), the Coordinators and the Principals of the schools were present. The topic of the meeting was reflection of the 1st year overall work, summing up information for the mid-term report for the coordinator as well as reframing the activities during the 2nd year of the implementation of the project. The coordinator highlighted the team´s work in TwinSpace and asked partners to join regularly in order to keep up effective work. Some tasks were created by Slovakia, others can contribute with their tasks as well – to have better collaboration among students.
Activities done from January until June 2018 (reports prepared by partners):
First transnational meeting in Nove Zamky, Slovakia, with the participation of three teachers from the Erasmus + pedagogical team of our school. The objective: the acquaintance with partners, problem solving and coordination of the actions of both the joint and each school-individual. With the care of the teacher and coordinator of the program, Ms. Anastasia Palasidou, a presentation of the country that hosted us was delivered through numerous photographs and the presentation of activities that took place (school, Bratislava, Central bank exhibits, etc.). Students collected information, enriched the above material and created “The Corner of Slovakia” in our school.
February was the month of visits to venues and exhibitions that concern the objectives of the Erasmus + Money Matters program, whether general or individual, that we set up as a school on the basis of the support programs we implemented within the wider context of “Money Matters”.
Visit to the Public Central Library of Veria
Award-winning: Access to Learning Award.
The aim was for students to acquire skills related to visiting a lending library (targeted search, selection and lending of books, magazines and other printed or digital material etc.) In our case the research revolved around magazines, books, etc. dealing with currencies, money, contacts, economic issues. Those are the materials and tools that were used in the activities and students’ knowledge enrichment regarding the Money Matters program.
Visit to a private commercial enterprise
Getting acquainted with the way a trading company starts and operates (concepts: initial capital, profits, loss, bookkeeping, lending, purchases, sales, employees, payroll, insurance, taxation, etc.).
Information on the possibility of using European resources and funding for the exploitation, the development and extension of operations, the improvement of the infrastructure, the replacement and modernization of machinery, support for innovation, etc.).
Visit-tour at Emporiki Bank store
Presentation of the operation areas of a bank, operation and use of its machines by the citizens (ATMs) and the exploitation of the electronic support of the banking system.
Acquaintance with human resources, employees. Knowledge and skills.
Students' contact with the heart of the system (digital center) and its occult parts (boxes, treasury etc).
Acquaintance with the support and cooperation possibilities of the bank in the agricultural sector (all students almost come from rural families).
Visit to the Monumental Collection of the Byzantine Museum of Veria
Acquaintance with the coins of our region during the Byzantine period as well as with the ancient mints that operated in the wider area.
Investigation and analysis of the concept of "sponsorship" on the occasion of large private donations for the rebuilding of a large number of churches (still preserved, more than 40 in the city of Veria).
Organization of an open day for our school in cooperation with the parents’ union, on the occasion of a traditional custom of our place called "Chelidona". The pupils of the younger classes, with the help of their teachers, through the stages of evolution of the custom presented in an inventive way issues of transactions and money (bargaining, tipping, money, utilization of the profits of the child's participation in the "in the taking round the village of Helidona”.
Visit to the "Thessaloniki Emporion" exhibition, in Thessaloniki
Exhibition of the Cultural Foundation of Piraeus Bank, which presented the productive, commercial, financial history of the city.
Changes in the economic life of the city, as well as in the socio-economic coexistence of residents, professionals and professions, are reflected in the changes that have taken place over the years and the changing conditions (wars, liberation, immigration, industrialization, etc.). The role of commercial historic centers. The role of the port in the commercial and economic development of a city.
Visit to the Byzantine Museum of Thessaloniki
Contact with the economy as well as the production and use of coins in the Byzantine state council in Thessaloniki.
Coins, Coinage of the Byzantine period in the wider region of Macedonia.
Preparing for a visit to Spain
On preparing our visit to Madrid and aiming at the presentation and promotion of El Greco, we created and delivered to our partners:
- an informative text about El Greco, which accompanied an official Greek commemorative coin - with a picture of Domenikos Theotokopoulos.
- an informative text about El Greco's painting (based on the issue of Money Matters) "Jesus expels merchants from the Temple" which accompanied a faithful copy of the work.
Thus, two goals were achieved: One for our partners to learn about El Greco and the other to use the above-mentioned themes as vehicles for the development of the program-related themes: a) Official commemorative euro coins in each country, b) Commercialization of worship , faith, religion.
Visit to Spain
First meeting with our partners in Madrid, Spain with the participation of 3 teachers and 2 pupils of our school.
Students and teachers participated in a number of planned experiential actions (processing and understanding euro's technical features, creation of three-dimensional euro coins, flamenco teaching, etc.) and educational visits (Real Csa de la Moneda in Madrid and Segovia etc.).
Corner of Spain
A few days after our return from Spain, under the responsibility of Mrs. Palasidou and the students who participated in the trip to Madrid, Spain, we organized a presentation of the country that hosted us through the exploitation of the rich visual material gathered during activities, events, visits, tours and trips that took place during our stay there. Thus, the corner of Spain was created in our school.
Preparation for the visit to Poland
Creating a box with ancient Greek coins
Second meeting with our partners in Pstragowa, Poland with 3 teachers and 2 pupils from our school.
During the preparation and with the aim of delivering to the partners, students and teachers of the school processed materials, made faithful copies of ancient Greek coins and created a box with 5 emblematic coins (Glauka (Owl)-Athens, Chelona (turtle)-Aegina, Pegasus-Corinth, a Macedonian tetradrachm with Philip and Alexander the Great) accompanied by an elegant information sheet for the coins presented.
Musical Chorodrama with the pupils of the 2nd grade of our school on the rapture of Europe (Found on the coin for 2euro but is also frequently depicted in ancient Greek coins).
The preparation and the rehearsals of the choir lasted more than three months, the show was completed, recorded, was given, in DVD format accompanied by a form we created concerning the Myth of the Rapture of Europe (notations, etc.), to our partners during our meeting in Poland.
The same performance in the context of the dissemination of the results of the Erasmus + program was presented:
- 21 May 2018: Two performances at a central cinema center in Veria, for schoolchildren in the city (about 1000 spectators).
- June 3, 2018: Participation in Panhellenic theatrical competitions under the auspices of the Ministry of Education at a central cinema in Thessaloniki with the participation of schools from all over Greece and Cyprus.
- June 14, 2018: Presentation of the performance to pupils at Koulouras Primary School as well as to all residents of the local community.
(This show is sure to have a long way to go and other presentations, for example during the unveiling of the Mosaic of the Rapture of Europe at the Palace of Vergina - Ancient Aigai, etc.)
Corner of Poland
A few days after our return from Poland, under the responsibility of Mrs. Palasidou and the students who participated in the trip to Pstragova, Poland, we organized a presentation of the country that hosted us through the exploitation of the rich visual material gathered during the activities, events, visits, tours and trips that took place during our stay there. Thus, the Polish corner was created in our school.
21/5/2018, Erasmus + Day, completion of the 1st year of "Money matters", a thank to the participating students, teachers, parents. The day included, in absolute harmony between entertainment and knowledge, a visit to the Archaeological Museum of Amphipolis, an attraction of great interest, presentation and analysis of the reports on the area of monetary history and its commercial activity by the museum’s archaeologist Vassilikodis, as well as the time for fun, relaxation, dance, play, near the mountain, at the port of Amphipolis where the grand and expressive campaign of Alexander the Great started as Asia .
Participation in the Erasmus + Workshop organized by IKY
Participation of the Erasmus + "Money Matters" Director, D. Katsavos at the Erasmus + Workshop on "Classroom Education: School Teaches and Changes" in 2018 organized by IKY. (National Erasmus + Coordination Unit / School Education Sector) held in Thessaloniki on 1/6/2018. The main objective of the workshop was to give teachers who have enriched their teaching practice the opportunity and the tools offered by their additional programs of training and participation in the Erasmus + programs so that the schools that plan to implement relevant programs realize that a basic qualitative indicator of the outcome of such involvement and participation as well as its primary objective is the intensity and duration of its impact on the student population.
Of course, during the first 5 months of 2018, all the subprojects for which reference was made to our first report in January 2018 are gradually being developed and implemented. So we have for:
Ages (7-8 years) "Familiarity with euro coins".
During those 5 months: They created super-market within their own venue where they make virtual transactions with fake euro coins and various products.
Visits to local shops and use of euro in original conditions (additions, deductions, shifts, cheaper -expensive price, etc.).
Grade 9 ("Knowing the 12 gods of Olympus through the ancient Greek coins"). Mythology
During those 5 months: Start of cooperation with the Acropolis Museum. Loan of museum equipment, use of its material and exploitation of its pedagogical activities.
The ultimate goal was the creation and presentation of a thematic exhibition entitled "Knowing the 12 gods of Olympus through the ancient Greek coins" which will be presented to our partners during their visit to Greece in September.
Order (10 years) "The spread of the coin through the ancient Greek colonization. First signs of a globalized economy ".
During those 5 months: Start of cooperation with ALPHA BANK's large "Monetary Collection". Borrowing a museum kit using its material and utilizing its pedagogical activities.
The ultimate goal was the creation and presentation of a thematic exhibition entitled "The spread of the coin through the ancient Greek colonization." Will be presented to our partners during their visit to Greece in September 2018.
Class (11 years) "The History of the Greek Currency"
During those 5 months: Start of cooperation with ALPHA BANK's large "Monetary Collection". Grant-donation of rich material (printed and electronic) donation of museum displays, coins etc. as well as continuous contact, cooperation and scientific guidance. Completion - gathering all of the material, we are in the process of setting up a large exhibition that will be presented to our partners during their visit to Greece in September as well as many schools in the wider area and the city of Veria.
Stretch (12 years old) "The coins as a jewel and a symbol in the traditional costume"
During those 5 months: Start of cooperation with the Folkloric Museum of Meliki as well as the Lyceum of Greek Women of Veria. The pupils knew closely the position of the coins on traditional folk costume. Learning about use, their symbolism. ¨ Material selection, editing, cataloging, photography, etc. were made.
The ultimate goal was the creation and presentation of a thematic exhibition on "Coins as a jewel and a symbol in traditional costume", which will be presented to our partners during their visit to Greece in September 2018.
We also note that our pedagogical team has responded promptly to all requests from the coordinating country and the partners that were made during our reference period, whether they were related to programmatic issues, collaborations, distance teachers and students, formal obligations (questionnaire filling) etc. as well as the requirements of the e-twinning, blog, facebook, school website and the project's activities through the program, as well as the visibility of the program's activities in the local printed and electronic press.
Finally, in collaboration, mainly with the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and our colleague in the program, Mrs. Ioannidou, we chose the theme and the hospitality plan for the coming September, we visited the places where we will go and, for the school, we have identified as a pedagogical team all of our actions.
Educational trip to Etnographic Museum in Rzeszów:
· visiting, workshop-Etnobusiness: learning about past crafts, trade, exchanging goods, payment methods
· educational game ,, Etno School of business’’
25 Students aged 12-14
3 -hour workshop for school learners about ,,Budget’’ by an economists and a lawyer:
· types of budget
· earning, spending, investing money
· creating school and family budget
· pocket money
20 students aged 8-9
Meeting/ workshop with Erasmus+ volounteers from Turkey and Italy:
· learning about culture of Turkey and Italy
· social matters
· learning about European cooperation and Erasmus+ benefits
Lecture and workshop for the students about crimes at WSPiA ( University) in Rzeszow:
· learning about money forgery
· ways of protecting banknotes
· resposibility, crimes
30 students aged 14-15
Lessons at school about family budget and banknotes protection
An open lesson for parents and invited guests:
· students learnt how to plan a family budget, plan expenses, create a shopping list, do the shopping, then , with the assistance of a school chef and their parents they were making breakfast on the base of their shopping
30 students aged 13-14
Blended Mobility of school learners, Madrid
Making Easter cards to be send to partner schools
History of money exhibition
students aged 7-9
Visit of partner schools in mobility to Poland:
· educational trips to Krosno, Trzcinica, Kraków
· pottery, archery, bread making, chocolate making, glass workshop
· socializing and culture programme
· visit to a National Museum Hutten Czapski Numismatic Room in Kraków-workshop
· science lessons about money
All school students
· presentation of Spanish culture-music, dances, traditions
· learning Spanish words
23 students aged 14-15
Bank in Rzeszow
National Bank in Warsaw
Kopernik Centre of Science in Warsaw ( Centrum Nauki Kopernik)
National Museum in Kraków /Hutten-Czapski Numismatic Room
Etnographic Museum in Rzeszow
1. Report and evaluation of January meeting in Spain.
2. A2 Lesson scenarios, Lesson 3 Portfolio of historical events A9 Poland with answers
3. A3 website, A4 blog, A5 Facebook, A6 E+ Corner. Dissemination on FB and project´s website /blog and E+ corner. We have also printed several 3D coins designed by students when participating in Madrid C1 meeting.
4. A9 Portfolio of historical events, Presentation /explanation “Study 3 commemorative coins of Spain related to Europe”.ppt
5. A10 PP: Presentation about trips. We have created three slideshows about the C1 meeting held in Madrid. They have been uploaded to the etwinning platform.
6. A11 Let share our treasure. We have sent links with activities done during this period to the families. All participants have an email account property of our school for this matter.
7. A12 Money matters guide to money. Pocket money questions. Some talks have been made according to this topic. Create a family budget. Economía -Family budget ( comprobar si lo he suido). Matching words/ definitions ( comprobar si está subido )
8 A 15 Etwinning project. We have added several materials to this platform.
9. A16 We have also an open day with the families. Our team explained what our E+ project consist in and we recorded a video about it. 03/22/2018 (in Spanish ).
10. A 19 Articles to newspapers. An article about our project can be read in the school magazine.
- a workshop about former coins and banknotes of Slovakia and other countries, held by two numismatics in the school
- organising the first transnational meeting in Nove Zamky, report available on blog
- Safer Internet Day 2018, within that students highlighted the importance of netiquette on social media and electronic communication (useful for realization of the project)
- selection process of students (written tasks and test)
- preparing for the visit in Spain: presentations about the school, country and region prepared by the students
- visit to Spain: first meeting with our partners in Madrid with the participation of 2 teachers and 4 students of our school (they participated in a number of planned experiential actions like processing and understanding euro's technical features, creation of three-dimensional euro coins, flamenco teaching, etc. and educational visits (Real Casa de la Moneda in Madrid and Segovia etc.).
- dissemination of the Spanish mobility: a few days after our return from Spain, students who participated in the trip to Madrid, gave a powerpoint presentation of Spain through rich visual material gathered during activities, events, visits, tours and trips that took place during our stay there.
- preparation for the visit to Poland, selection of students (written tasks and test)
- for project purposes students started shooting a film about 7+1 wonders of our region
- A Building Partnership – circle of circular economy, we became partners of an international environmental cooperation between Slovakia and Hungary (focusing on waste, garbage separation, renewable sources of energy, green buildings, etc. = saving money)
- Students of 3 classes (I., II. and III. A) went on a trip to Kremnica to visit the mint and the museum of coins
- An economic journalist – analyst, Sidó H. Zoltán, had a lecture to our students (II. A)
- second mobility in Pstragowa, Poland with 2 teachers and 5 students
- dissemination of the Polish mobility: a few days after our return from Spain, students who participated in the trip to Madrid, gave a powerpoint presentation of Spain through rich visual material gathered during activities, events, visits, tours and trips that took place during our stay there.
- An economic journalist – analyst, Sidó H. Zoltán, had a lecture to our students (I. A)
- The OTP Ready Foundation gave 3 whole day workshops to our students on finances
- An economic journalist – analyst, Sidó H. Zoltán, had a lecture to our students (III. A)
- On 28th June an Erasmus+ Day was organized with participation of teachers, students and their parents, we evaluated the first year of the project, refreshed all the mobilities, photos were projected
- Students finished the 7+1 wonders of our region film (available on youtube)
- teachers and students started organizing the mobility in October (setting up the programme, searching for host families, booking hotel for teachers)
During the 2nd TM partners agreed:
1. The originally planned Money matters and finance guide and Teachers ´guide to finances will be joined in one document by using up the already existing materials (which are of a very good quality, already uploaded), responsible remains Slovakia, Poland, Romania. For lesson plans, Slovakia will prepare one template, so other partners can easily transform their ready lesson plans. This will be done after the student mobility in Slovakia in October 14th-20th.
2. Next student mobility is due in March-April in Romania. Partners agreed arriving on 31st March and leaving on 6th April. As for the final transnational meeting, Spain will be the host from 30th June until 3rd July.
3. The coordinator asked partners to share group photos with each other.
4. The coordinator emphasized the importance of keeping GDPR regulations (applicable since May 2018) when posting materials about students.
The hosting, except for the teacher’s meeting, involved the visit to the historic agglomeration of “Ampelakia” where there was also a visit to the Folklore Museum, the school, The church of Saint George and the Schartz building, (Georgios Mavros`s Mansion) the place of the functioning of the first cooperation in Europe and in the world.
The tour was taken on by Mrs. Martha Ioannidou, Professor at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki , a co-operative of our school, who, with all her deep knowledge and enthusiasm, made our partners understand this micro-economic miracle and its extensions to education, spiritual culture and the liberation of freedom during the Ottoman domination.
During the return to Ambelakia, we were given the opportunity (a surprise to our hosted partners ) to travel to the waters of the Aegean, Platamonas site and see the area of Pieria and Olympus, home of the 12 Gods according to Greek mythology.
The 2nd day of the meeting included an official l welcome from the mayor of the area and the foreman of the education as well as the inauguration of the exhibition "Coins from Antiquity to Today and Banknotes from the Revolution of 1821 to the present", which was realized with the support and the noble concession of material from the Alpha Bank and the active participation of the pupils of our school.
The hospitality, also, included a visit to the Archaeological Site of Mieza, the School of Aristotle, who was the teacher of Alexander the Great and the Tombs of Judgement and Anthemion.
The program closed with a visit to the park of Agios Nikolaos, a place of inexperienced good and environmental interest.